DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Boxing.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:21 am 

dmille wrote:
Sodacake wrote:
That's pretty fucking sad.

What is?

What do you mean 'what is'? The fact that two, or at least one (Haye) of the worst heavyweights Britain has ever produced will probably be in the biggest all-British boxing heavyweight match since Bruno vs Lewis.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:19 pm 

The press here is pretty well demanding that these guys are banned for life.

I hope they do ....

Chisora is scum

Haye had it all - the looks, the moves, the punch (at cruiser), the speed. Now he's just a whinging little shit with a poorly toe who starts a ruck and then needs a bottle and a tripod to defend himself.

What has come out of all this is confirmation that the Klitchsko guys are class acts.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:20 pm 

Weren't both of them banned from ever entering Germany again?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:39 am 

Sodacake wrote:
dmille wrote:
Sodacake wrote:
That's pretty fucking sad.

What is?

What do you mean 'what is'? The fact that two, or at least one (Haye) of the worst heavyweights Britain has ever produced will probably be in the biggest all-British boxing heavyweight match since Bruno vs Lewis.

Worse than Phil Scott, Richard Dunn, Scott Welch, Audley Harrison? Don't think so...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:18 am 

How about Thrilla in Manila, guys?

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:38 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfwSSJ1m ... re=related

So fucked up...
He didn't actually die "in the ring", but 10 days later.

Griffith has said that it haunts him to this day.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:46 am 

Cot damn Lucas Matthysse tore Soto up, he just gets more impressive every time I see him. He deserved the decision against both Alexander and Judah in my opinion, and looked great in both of those fights, but I think tonight was the best he's looked in his career. When the fuck is this dude going to get the legit title shot he deserves?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:17 pm 

Paulie wrote:
Cot damn Lucas Matthysse tore Soto up, he just gets more impressive every time I see him. He deserved the decision against both Alexander and Judah in my opinion, and looked great in both of those fights, but I think tonight was the best he's looked in his career. When the fuck is this dude going to get the legit title shot he deserves?

They need to match Matthysse with Marcos Miadana. Both are from Argentina and both are huge punchers. Could be Gatti-Ward 4 with a spanish accent?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:05 am 

the fact that floyd mayweather made a reported 80 mil from 2 fights only just sounds insane to me !!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:45 am 

Yousha wrote:
the fact that floyd mayweather made a reported 80 mil from 2 fights only just sounds insane to me !!!

Why?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:21 pm 

cause thats more than most sportsmen make throughout their careers !!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:57 pm 

Yousha wrote:
cause thats more than most sportsmen make throughout their careers !!!!

Too bad for them. They should have hired better reps and they should have negotiated a better deal.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:54 pm 

The Seeker wrote:
The press here is pretty well demanding that these guys are banned for life.

I hope they do ....

Chisora is scum

Haye had it all - the looks, the moves, the punch (at cruiser), the speed. Now he's just a whinging little shit with a poorly toe who starts a ruck and then needs a bottle and a tripod to defend himself.

What has come out of all this is confirmation that the Klitchsko guys are class acts.

It appears that Haye didn't need a bottle or a tripod to defend himself from Chisora in the ring.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:26 am 

Did anyone see the Haye v Chisora fight ? It was a good entertaining fight. I wasn't suprised at the outcome at all I just thought it might have lasted a little longer.
If the First Garcia left hook had landed on Khans chin instead of his neck it would've been goodnight immediately. Didn't realise Garcia had that power.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:33 pm 

The corruption in professional boxing pales in comparison to the corruption in the amateur ranks.

I thought Jones-Park was the worst decision in boxing history. Welcome to London.

Satoshi Shimizu vs Magomed Abdulhamidov; Shimizu knocked him down six times in the third round. The ref ruled every one of them slips. Abdulhamidov, who was so beatup that he had to be helped from the ring, won a 20-17 decision.

Unlike the Jones fight, justice was done. The decision was reversed and Shimizu moves on. But no action has been taken against the judges, while the ref is only banned for the rest of this Olympics.

Last Sept, the BBC reports that Azerbaijan (Abdulhamidov's home nation) was promised two gold medals in exchange for a $10 million loan to the AIBA.

The AIBA investigated the charges and (surprise) cleared themselves. The IOC had no comment (ain't that a big fucking surprise).

The USABoxing needs to withdraw from the ABIA and demand that a new organization be created to govern the sport.

Last edited by dmille on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next